Thursday, December 07, 2006

nowheregoing (poemoff 2)

I think Zack has either forgotten how to read or he cheated with the last poem on purpose. That's okay. I'll write my poem anyway.

nowheregoing (poemoff 2)

you repeat these words,
the stress soaked syllables
pulsing with preditory power.
i wish those words could be mine.

fuck me
you scream into the night,
and i answer
with a slap.
tuesdays are worth more
than saturdays
when drunken breath
fogs my glasses
and ruins already weakening eyes.


The title of this poem comes from "SEEING" by Zack.

4 comments:

Mr Zack said...

i thought that first line was odd.

this is what i get for writing poems when i'm exhausted.

tiffany said...

A I said, it's fine. I'm not going to change my poem now. For a while I was afraid that I was confused.

Your gingerbread latte poem was really good!

Mr Zack said...

thanks.

sorry, i think i just assumed that the last poem was in eve's voice and so mis-read the eve as eye because i thought eve was the speaker...

also the pink on purple makes reading hard.

also also, i totally knew you were going to gank that particular line. i almost added a note daring you to pick any line but that one...

M. Shahin said...

I wish I could soak up the words of other poets - greatness is truly hard to achieve.