Saturday, June 24, 2006

A note about the direction my poetry is taking

I don't usually do this--certainly not on this blog. What I mean is, I don't usually talk about what it is that I'm doing on this blog unless someone makes a comment that I can/should respond to. But I don't know, my blog has taken a different turn lately and I want to acknowledge that and speculate as to some of the reasons why.

I've been pretty good about writing a lot lately. I guess that's good. But my photos are mostly gone. I love the idea of using them still and using them often, but I guess I don't really have any photographs that I really want to share. I mean, what is there around here to take photos of that I haven't already taken dozens of pictures of? How many lake photos can I write poems about? If I were in a city perhaps my original concept for this blog would be easier to execute.

Anyway, my poems have become slightly more personal--in direct conflict with my desire to not write myself into every single poem I construct. It frusturates me, but what else can I do? I don't have any good photos to use? I don't really have the energy to construct powerful fictions without the support of a photo. That's not true. Sometimes I do. Sometimes fiction flows out of my like lies, and I love those beautiful, perfect lies like they're my truest friends. But I haven't forgotten my original idea, and I'm still deeply in love with it. Right now I'm just not in a place that can make it work. I'll post photos when they are relevant though.

No comments: