Saturday, April 15, 2006

poetry reading

Last night I performed in a poetry reading held at a Twin Cities Starbucks, along with my friend and fellow poet, Mr. Zack. I read a few of my own poems as well as the work of some of my favorite poets. I read my favorite poem "Transcedental Etude" by Adrienne Rich and discovered that it is much too long for a poetry reading. I also remembered that there is part of the poem I don't like as well as the section that I like the best.

As far as my own poems that I read, I read "learning the art of sleeping around", "one night drunken haze soup" and "A Spinster's Friday Night in a Corner Bar with Glass of Gin in Her Hand". I liked reading "one night drunken haze soup" because it made me feel like a real poet. I don't know why.

I've decided that Zack sounds like T.S. Elliot a little bit when he read. He's got this dry quality to his voice that is fascinating.

No comments: