Friday, April 14, 2006

a new kind of allusion

This poem idea is totally cool. Perhaps I will try one in a few days (when I'm not on vacation and wanting to spend time with my friends). "Southwest 13" on g r a p e z is a google sonnet. It's a poem with links in it. While I've been considering doing something like this (and a poetry blog is certainly the place for such a poem), I've been resisting. I want my poetry to be mine. But since I've been thinking about it, I realize that it's a great way to inbed allusions. No more will you have to refer to a footnote on the bottom of a page to understand the allusion! Merely click the link! Seriously though, it's an intriguing idea that seems to have gone beyond the composition of poetry and into a new space for expressing yourself just right.

No comments: