Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Time is the womb of the hour. (poemoff 2)

Zack and I are doing a poemoff again. The rules are the same as before. The basic rule is that I will use a line from Zack's most recently written contest poem to title my poem. I'm too lazy to copy the complete rules here, but if you are interested, click my links for Zack's poems. I will link to each poem that I am responding to (and they will probably be good poems, so you should go read them).


Time is the womb of the hour.

each second
in a matrix moment
stretched thin in a superstraight filiment
of sadness

to clothe and
protect you,
your mother cooed
over your bedside
and yet could not
release you
from this pain
of seconds passed
too soon

you are a warmredsack
i am a knife
cutting and stabbing
and looking for

release


The title of this poem is from "IF YOU THINK YOUR TEEN MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN AUTOEROTIC ASPHYXIATION, WE URGE YOU TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT" by Graham Foust.

No comments: