Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"I guess love fades pretty fast, huh?"

"I guess love fades pretty fast, huh?"

...but it doesn't

one mention of your name
and it's back
ten years ago like yesterday
your curly hair
your smile
the way you smelled
as i curled up in your arms
when we watched TV
(i'd forgotten about my stiff neck
uncomfortably sitting not wanting to disturb you)
tulips and candy in my locker
we're crammed in the backseat
of a speeding convertable
sliding across the seats
with each sharp curve

stealing stamps from work
sending you depression letters
pages damp with loneliness
and unacknowledged desire

yet here i am
where are you?
the only physical evidence i have
of your existance
is the picture i just hung
three inches from my ceiling
and the postcard i reread this morning

1 comment:

Imperfect said...

nice.
got some feeling to it.
try giving it some more rhythm....might help.
but i liked what u were trying to say.