Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The return of analysis

Ah! It's been awhile (both since I posted analysis and since I posted anything). I've decided that since g r a p e z now links to me, I'm going to sample the other blogs on his blogroll. Maybe more people will support me if I support them. To start with I'm going to click on blogs that have cool titles. Freak Machine Press didn't have any recent poetry posts. However, as I scrolled down the page I discovered a gold mine of great stuff. "Poem" has a weak title. I guess I prefer "Untitled" to the generality of "Poem." But then again, thinking about it, I take that statement back. It's about writing and the creation/destruction of poetry, so I guess that title does work (even if it wasn't intended to). Overall, I love this poem. I love the images and the content. As I reread the "Poem" I'm disappointed in myself that I ever disliked the title. It's perfect! This poem is excellent. Ummm...go read it.

1 comment:

Chad Parenteau said...

Thanks very much for the comments. I'm still pretty wiped out from the National Poetry Writing Month shindig that prompted that poem, but hopefully, there will be more soon.

Interesting blog you have here. I'll link it later. If you live in New England, check out the Stone Soup link on my site.