Friday, April 07, 2006

Mr. Zack has not been posting as often as he was before. I can't really blame him though because I'm not always as good about posting as I should be. He has, however, written a really cool poem called "YOUR HEART IS AN EMPTY ROOM" . It is so beautiful. I think I've read this poem at least ten times (I've been coming back to it all week), and I still want to read it again and again.

I like that this poem disproves it's title. In fact, the whole point is that the person being described has a heart that is full of something. Is that something memories? Is it something else? I don't know. I also don't know how the persona feels about the person he/she is describing. I think he/she thinks positively about the person/character being described.

Okay, here's something I just noticed. The heart metaphor was carried through to a discussion of blood.

Anyway, if you haven't clicked on the link to read this poem, you should go do it now. It's amazing and far more articulate than my crappy analysis of it.

No comments: