Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Haiku Blog

I love short poems. Love them. That's why I was really glad that my friend Greenpinga started a haiku blog. Her haikus are very good. I love haikus that either make me laugh or that break my heart--and she has plenty of both. She wrote a whole series of haikus based on The Book of Bunny Suicides, and since I've read this book, these poems make me laugh. "Bunny meets Aliens", "Acid Bunny", "Flood Bunnies", "Sitting Bunny", and "Helicopter Bunny" are my favorites of this series. The book is so perverse and the poems match it nicely.

Some of Greenpinga's poems are heartbreaking an mysterious. I don't know eactly what the poem "Swan" means, but I can see the swan lying broken and beautiful on a road. The poem "Gray Haired Woman" has so much personality to it. I know this lady--and sometimes I'm afraid of becoming this lady. Perhaps Greenpinga is too. But I know that my fear is one reason I respond to this poem.

Anyway, click some of the links. They are quick reads (unless you get involved in thinking about them.

No comments: