Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Another analysis of a photoblog

My friend Jacob is a chemist. Yet even within his "conventional scientific thinking" (I poke fun), he's got an artistic side that he can't really hide. It's especially difficult to hide when he plasters it onto the internet in the form of his photoblog: 10, 60, 200. This photoblog contains the photos he's taken of things under the microscope. Many of these pictures are beautiful on their own without the intellect that is sparked by the science involved in them.

I like the explanation on this post. It's very sciency but also well written and interesting. There are some posts I like because the photos are very beautiful. Anyway, Jacob's blog is pretty cool, so you should check it out.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Why, thank you, Tiffany!

I've long held that there's an inherant beauty in the scientific world, but it happens all too often that it goes unappreciated. Half of the coolest pictures in scientific journals could be so much more if the y were composed and (in some cases) in correct focus.

But I digress.

Oh, yeah, and "conventional scientific thinking?"

You wound me, Tiffany. Deeply. :)