Monday, February 13, 2006

My first piece of analysis

(When I'm excited about my new project, I'll post more than one comment in a day. Today, I am excited about this blog!)

Today, I read a poem posted mr. zack schwartz on his blog. This poem is almost bare in its details--stripped down so that only the important words remain. I prefer and respect poetry like this, vivid yet simple.

Something else that mr. zack does (that I actually might try doing in my own poetry) in this poem is combining two words to make one descriptive word. In "THIS IS THE LAST TIME?" the word "manyloved" says more than "many loved" would. By combining the two words the reader is forced to use many loved as an adjective describing heart rather than only using loved to describe heart (changes the meaning, yes?).

I have to say that I don't know what the last two lines mean and I don't know how they relate to the rest of the poem. I think they fit (at least they sound right), but I'm not sure what to make of them. But I do like the poem and I really want to understand these lines. Perhaps I'll return later to see if I can understand these lines better.

1 comment:

Mr Zack said...

the last two lines are stolen from somewhere and so they mean a lot to me but probably not to anyone else.