Sunday, February 26, 2006

An examination of a photo blog

I find photo blogs most interesting under certain circumstances: I know the person "writing" the blog, the blog tells a story, or the photography is really beautiful or well done. The photo blog of Christine Lebrasseur has a lot of really well done photos. I'm particularly fascinated by her use of color. So many of her photos have an amazing vibrancy to them! I can't imagine how wonderful it must be to take photos like these every day.

There are a few photos in particular that I'd like to discuss. 6 a.m. has a brilliant orange train stop contrasted with the almost black and white one. Somehow the camera didn't pick up the colors in the left side of the train station. The reflection and shadows in this picture are very pleasing to look at.

Christine also has photos that hold a story. The photo Pure tendresse makes me wonder about the girl playing the violin. How long as she been playing? Is she any good? Does she like taking lessons? Or even I wonder if she likes to play in the rain wearing red rain boots. This is definitely a photo with an inner poem--a poem I'd very much like to write.

No comments: